Running updates in Windows 7
We always recommend making sure all data and information is backed up securely before running updates.
Running updates on your computer’s operating system is a lot more critical than you might think. Companies like Microsoft and Apple constantly roll out updates in order to keep your system up-to-date, safe, secured, and functioning properly. Some of these updates allow you to access new features on Windows applications, some resolve any issues or bugs within the operating system, and some are security updates. Security updates are definitely important as they protect your computer from malicious attacks.
Running updates in Windows 7:
- Click on the Start button.
- Click on “Control Panel”.
- Click on “System and Security”.
- Click on “Windows Update”.
- In the left pane, click on “Check for updates”.
- If there are updates to be installed, click on “Install updates”.
- Restart computer.